A Message About COVID-19
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact in our community, I felt it was important to connect with you directly to share more about the steps we are taking to help keep our guests and associates safe and healthy.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by COVID-19 around the world. The health and safety of our guests and associates has always been and will continue to be our top priority. We have been in contact with all of our associates and have distributed to them the guidelines from the CDC which are listed at the bottom. I also wanted to list our commitments to you, our valued customers.
Employee Health — We will continue to pay our associates who are required to self-quarantine because they or someone in their household has symptoms of the coronavirus. We will not allow these associates to work at Toyota of York until they are cleared.
Guests — We are also asking that any customer with flu-like symptoms stay home until they are well.
Greetings — We have advised all dealership employees to suspend handshakes and physical contact with our guests. We are taking precautionary measures against spreading the illness.
Guest’s Vehicles — We are taking extra precautions such as wiping down all areas of the store multiple times a day for your safety. Our service team will also be using plastic steering wheel covers and shift knob covers in addition to the plastic seat covers and mats we already use. We will also be wiping down all steering wheels, shift knobs, and door handles before and after we service your vehicle.
Online Services — You can buy and take delivery of any new or used vehicle without visiting the store! We will gladly deliver any purchased vehicle at no extra charge and can also arrange test drives at your home as well (mileage restrictions apply).
Until further notice, we are open for business and ready to serve you. As always, you can shop online at www.ToyotaofYork.com and complete most of the purchase online without visiting the store. We are also able to appraise your trade-in online and over the phone. We want to make shopping with us as easy as possible. Please feel free to call 717-868-6033 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Please do your best to follow the following guidelines distributed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of face masks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a healthcare facility).
Thanks again for continued patronage.
Toyota of York
If you have any questions or would like to know more, contact us today or stop by our dealership at 1885 Whiteford Road, York, PA 17402. We look forward to serving our customers near Hanover, Lancaster and Elizabethtown.